Dear Minister of Health, we’re ready for action!
According to official statistics:
250,000 Ontarians had been diagnosed with MCS in 2014
and the discrimination is still systemic in 2018
SUBJECT: Accommodation for People with Disabilities
Honourable Helena Jaczek, Minister of Health (at firstname.lastname@example.org )
On September 29, 2017, Ontario quietly released the report “Time for Leadership: Recognizing and Improving Care” for those with myalgic encephalomyelitis /chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, and environmental sensitivities /multiple chemical sensitivity (ME/CFS, FM and ES/MCS). This report was produced by the Task Force on Environmental Health for the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care.
The report found that throughout the Ontario health care system and in society at large, there is:
• a lack of recognition of the seriousness and severity of these conditions
• a profound shortage of knowledgeable care providers
• a dearth of clinical tools to support and guide care
• a discouraging shortage of services and supports for people living with these conditions
• an absence of support for family caregivers
The lack of knowledge and appropriate accessible care has devastating effects on Ontarians struggling with ME/CFS, FM and ES/MCS.