This photo was taken of me at my parent’s home, to demonstrate how I attempted to protect myself to be able to visit them, 2000 miles away.
When I can’t avoid exposures, I wear a mask to try to keep as functional as possible. Exposures affect my brain, my breathing, and I get more exhausted, etc. Even without the mask, I have challenges with my brain, breathing, energy, etc. Wearing the mask weakens me but not as much as a direct exposure would.
I am sensitive to chemicals in perfume, cologne, aftershave, hair care products, hand sanitizer, sunblock, air “freshener”, chlorine, white board and markers, building materials, cleaning products, laundry soap, dryer sheets, paints, pesticides, gasoline fumes, gas appliances, some plants, new asphalt, etc.
In the photo, I’m wearing a Vogmask Sahara C2V Organic Cotton – N99 – Carbon Filter – Dual Exhale Valve – LARGE (over 120 lbs). I didn’t wear it at my parent’s house but I put it on to show them what I looked like in the airport, on the plane I took to get there, and in the airport shuttle van.
I don’t think I’ll ever fly again.
The mask shown didn’t work well enough for me, so I bought a Pure Non-Scents® Face Mask Hg+ (Mercury) and a North silicone 7700-3011 respirator with Honeywell 75SCP100L filters.
~ Lisa Mary T
For more info on masks see:
Please take action in whatever way you can to ensure we ALL have the right to a healthy environment, and so industries are stopped from polluting us for profit.
Be fragrance-free. It’s good for you, it’s good for me.
P.S. … I have no control over the ads or the RELATED posts shown below.