Some of you may remember Gillian McCarthy from a few years ago. Her housing situation was atrocious. I lost touch due to my own housing crisis, and only recently started remembering her and wondered what had happened.
To my delight, some people have finally taken it into their own hands to keep her from freezing this winter. Somehow, they are making a small, safe, warm natural den for her, but they need our help. This is so long overdue, it brings tears to my eyes.
Building a Low Impact Den for Multiple Chemical Sensitivity
“Gillian McCarthy is a sufferer from Multiple Chemical Sensitivity caused by organophosphate poisoning early in her career. Without a warm roof over her head she will not survive this winter.
Tony Wrench and a group of natural builders are building her an emergency den. …”
The above link has the most recent updates
Great new video and resources from the Canadian Partnership for Children’s Health and Environment (CPCHE). While it isn’t made for people with MCS/ES, following their advice will make the world a safer place for us all. It should also help convince friends and family that the accommodations we need and have been asking for are good for everyone, especially children.
“Controlling house dust; switching to less-toxic, fragrance-free cleaners; taking extreme care with renovation projects; avoiding certain types and uses of plastics; and choosing fish that are low in mercury are the five priority actions recommended by the Canadian Partnership for Children’s Health and Environment (CPCHE).”
“The 12-minute video – available in English and French and complemented by supporting print resources – is designed to be a “turn-key” solution for prenatal educators and other service providers looking for ways to address growing concerns about toxic substances and associated health risks for children.”
See www.healthyenvironmentforkids.ca for all their helpful resources, including a brochure that goes with this video.