- Follow Seriously "Sensitive" to Pollution on WordPress.com
- MCS and Housing Update
- Fragrance-free in 2023
- Van Living with MCS/ES
- Hunger Strike for Access to Safe Health Care
- MCS Awareness Video by Maria Rizzo
- 2021 – Welcome to MCS/ES Action and Accommodation Month
- Earth Day Human Canary Starter Pack
- What Now?
- Are Essential Oils Fragrance-Free?
- Opportunity to Share Your Chemical and Fragrance Injury Stories
- When Being Quarantined or Isolated and Broke is “Normal”
- Canadian Petition for People with Chemical and Environmental Sensitivities
- Proclamation, Video, and Other News for May 12th Awareness Day
- The Power of This Pause
- Homeless Canaries Need Access to Fragrance-Free Showers
- MCS Awareness Month fb Page
- New Photography Exhibit in May with a Special Video on May 12th
- Two Tales: Temporary Quarantine or Long-term Segregation
- Dear Quarantined and Socially Distanced
- Endangered Human in Jasper
- The Fragrance Free Revolution
- Accessibility Recommendations from ARCH and CELA
- Attitudinal barriers, fragranced products, and invisible disabilities
- Find all 25 reasons why I didn’t come (to your party)
- You Don’t Look … Invisibly Ableist?
- How to Show That Your Disability Accommodation is Disability-Related
- The Canadian Human Rights Commission’s “Environmental sensitivity and scent-free policies”
- Holiday Canaries
- Diffusing Health Harm on Unsuspecting Shoppers and Outrageously False Product Claims
- Persil: Just STOP!
- Human Rights and Housing: New Resources for Community Workers Supporting Clients with Chemical and Environmental Sensitivities
- Video Discussions about Environmental Illnesses, “Sensitivities”, and Disability
- Safe Housing Survey
- Now Online: “Multiple Chemical Sensitivity: A Survival Guide”
- Hyperthyroidism in Cats Exposed to Air “Fresheners”, Upholstered Furniture, and New Buildings
- How to Basics: Accessible Washrooms for People With MCS/ES
- Accessibility STOP Signs
- Mask Challenge Revisited
- Three New Videos About Environmental Sensitivities
- Simple Fragrance-Free Posters in English and French
- MCS/ES: Societal Neglect = No More Fun and Games for Life on the Planet
- MCS Survey for May 2019
- Can’t Ban Fragrances? Consider a Fragrance Free Zone
- Welcome to the 2019 Edition of MCS/ES Awareness Month
- Gain – Sinking Your Disabled Boat
- Appropriating Disability Language to Sell Products That Harm People With Disabilities
- Are Natural Fragrances Really Any Better?
- Review Finds Ontario Far From Accessible but Report Includes People With Environmental Sensitivities
- Petitions! Fragrance-free Health Care in the U.S. & Safe Housing in B.C.
linda @ Seriously "S… on MCS and Housing Update JM on MCS and Housing Update linda @ Seriously "S… on MCS and Housing Update Tracy on MCS and Housing Update linda @ Seriously "S… on MCS and Housing Clint Koelling on MCS and Housing
January 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- accessibility barriers allergies asthma autism barriers cancer Chemicals chemical sensitivity chemicals in clothing child health EHS environment environmental illness environmental sensitivities fibromyalgia Fragrance fragrance-free fragrance-free policy fragrance chemicals hazardous air pollutants health health care access for people with MCS/ES Housing Human Rights IAQ images indoor air quality invisible disabilities laundry masks MCS MCS/ES MCS housing migraines Mold multiple chemical sensitivities multiple chemical sensitivity pesticides petrochemicals phthalates Research science sensitive to pollution toxic chemicals toxic trespass video VOCs Water wireless wireless dangers
Tag Archives: wi-fi
… “Numerous concerns relating to radiofrequency (RF) exposure were raised by witnesses during Committee meetings on Safety Code 6 as well as in the briefs that were submitted. …
Witnesses also spoke to possible links between RF exposure and cancer, reproductive issues and autism.These concerns tied in to other testimony that expressed unease about RF exposure in schools as a result of the use of Wi-Fi; the need for RF exposure limits and guidelines to protect vulnerable populations such as pregnant women, infants and children, and others who may be more susceptible to the effects of RF exposure; and electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS).
While witness testimony and briefs often emphasized the need for Health Canada to take a precautionary approach to RF exposure by reducing the limits established by Safety Code 6 (and sometimes provided examples of limits and other measures taken to protect populations from RF exposure in other jurisdictions), they also referred to steps that individuals can take to reduce their own RF exposure. Finally, some witnesses stated that industry should play a role in reducing RF exposure.” …
RADIOFREQUENCY ELECTROMAGNETIC RADIATION AND THE HEALTH OF CANADIANS
Report of the Standing Committee on Health
This much awaited report contains 12 major recommendations by effectively echoing the expert evidence heard by eight MPs during the recent hearings this Committee.
The List of Recommendations:
Just like toxic chemicals aren’t adequately regulated to protect public health, neither are the levels of microwave radiation that we are all subjected to on a 24/7 basis, whether or not we want to be. And none of us have been asked if we consent to any this.
They (we?) are still raising awareness about smoking, breast cancer, asbestos, lead, and many other things they/we already know enough about to take action and stop the causes of adverse health effects from multiplying. Sadly, these days the toxic economy is more important than public health. So, we have to learn how to protect ourselves as best we can while working to change the system to one that values health and life more than money.
Here then are some photo memes and resources to raise awareness about the dangers of wireless (seeing as raising awareness is all we can do some days).
Many of us have been waiting for action for decades, let’s hope that this is the project that finally makes it happen. It has been a long time coming…
‘RECOGNITION, INCLUSION AND EQUITY – THE TIME IS NOW: PERSPECTIVES OF ONTARIANS LIVING WITH ES/MCS, ME/CFS AND FM’
From Varda Burstyn:
At long last, I am writing to let you know about four new groundbreaking reports – products of a 5-year initiative that I and colleagues began in 2008 – that present exciting new research on the three environmentally linked conditions of ES/MCS, ME/CFS and FM, and that develop a wonderful new model of care and support for those living with the conditions in Ontario.
Great (not)… The TTC is erecting more accessibility barriers for people who are disabled with EHS, and it’s a big move backwards for protecting the health of children and pregnant women.
Accessibility wise, this is similar to removing ramps for people who are mobility disabled. It creates barriers to access and also subjects some people to further pain, suffering and disability.
Blanketing the subway system with microwave radiation is NOT a good idea when independent research shows enough harm caused by exposures that wireless is now declared a class 2 carcinogen…
Using the precautionary approach would be the wise thing to do.
See C4ST for more information about wireless technologies and health.
Frank Clegg, the former CEO and President of Microsoft Canada is the CEO of C4ST.